We answer Jesus' call to serve God by serving others, and below are some examples of ways we do that:
• Our FOOD PANTRY is open twice a week to distribute boxes of fresh and canned/boxed food to more than 200 families in Southeast Guilford County.
• Our THRIFT STORE is open every Tuesday/Thursday 10am-Noon, plus the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month 10am-1:00pm. Donations are needed and proceeds go to help purchase food for our food ministry.
• We prepare BACKPACKS of food which go home each weekend with students in need from Pleasant Garden Elementary.
• Once a month the men of the church meet for MEAL & A MISSION, a Wednesday breakfast followed by a project needing to be done around the church or in the community.
• We have a rich relationship with Methodist churches in Puerto Rico, where for several decades we have sent an annual MISSION TEAM to help them build ministry facilities to match their need.
• We partner with the AMERICAN RED CROSS by regularly hosting blood drives and contracting to use our facilities as an emergency disaster site when needed.
• Each Wednesday from 4-5:00 pm we provide volunteers for a Campus Life AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM at Southern Middle School.
• Our annual BRUNSWICK STEW each September is an “all hands on deck” fundraiser that’s sponsored by our men, but done by everyone in the church. Funds raised go to support our UM Men’s mission projects.
• WEEKLY VOLUNTEERS are needed to help lead and support our worship services and small group classes on Sundays.
• LEADERSHIP in our church is largely provided by dedicated members who serve on Committees commissioned to lead the congregation in ministry and administrative areas. A copy of our organizational structure is HERE.
"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me." Matthew 25:35-36